London Experimental Trials

Today we just finished disassembling the system in The Elmgreen School, an inclusive primary school in London. During the past 5 days we have been running experimental trials in the school with up to 20 children with ASD and 20 neurotypical children. The experiments have been focused on assessing the system in a natural context of use, such as an inclusive school.

At the end of the experiments we did a focus group with the children who played and the professionals from the school. During this sessions children reported that they really enjoyed playing the game, and that in general, most of them saw the game as a better opportunity to get to know their partner. Professionals from the center agreed on the potential of the system. Moreover, they pointed out that the system was successful as it created a shared activity between different school partners who would usually not talk between them.

Preliminary questionnaires analysis also reflects in these topics. A 65% of the neurotypical children reported that after having played the game, they would like to know better the partner with ASD with whom they had played. 80% of the children responded that it was easier to get their partner to play as time went on compared to other activities. Finally, 90% of the children responded that it was easier to get their partner to play as time went on.

One thought on “London Experimental Trials

1. Good day I am so glad I found your weblog, I really found
    you by error, while I was researching on Aol for something
    else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for
    a marvelous post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I
    don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have
    time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the excellent b.

Deja un comentario